Sage CRM Autocomplete for search screens

Written as part of the Sage CRM "Code Camp", this component adds auto-complete functionality to Sage CRM 7.2.

Simply start entering the details of a company, person, case, opportunity, order or quote that you're searching for, and this component will display a dropdown list with matching results.

This will give you much quicker access to your data and make searching CRM even easier than before.

New version uploaded with extra security checks.

This requires Sage CRM 7.2 or later.

Comments
  • Sage CRM Autocomplete for search screens

Have you ever heard of SQL injections? Probably not ;) There is a fatal vulnerability in this component which allows all CRM users to delete ALL records or even drop the CRM database... Sage Team ist acting carelessly!!!

Can you email me details please? eoin.shanley(at)sage.com

Hi, I have uploaded a new version of the component which blacklists a set of keywords and symbols. Hopefully this will resolve the potential issue.

I would probably recommend the inclusion of the keyword ËXEC | EXECUTE in the list of filters in autocomplete_srv.js file i.e. as well

tmpFilter.indexOf("Execute") > -1

Obligatory XKCD on the matter: http://xkcd.com/327/

Hi Eoin,

Could you tell me which parts aren't 7.2 compatible? FYI it doesn't seem to work in IE10.

Thanks

Hey David, can you start a new thread here community.sagecrm.com/.../143.aspx and I'll check that out for you

Hi David,

this seems to be an issue with the compatibility view settings in IE 10. If turned off, the autocomplete will work. But as far as I know IE 10 is only supported with compatibility view settings turned on?

Hi I cannot get this to work using IE10 even on compatability mode - any ideas?

Hi, how can i install this add-on

Hi, is it possible to include other fields on the search screens. E.g. Case description?