When making an amendment to the User Preferences screen of a user profile in Sage 200 CRM or Sales, Marketing and Service for Sage 200 Extra.
An error may be displayed advising “Your time zone is not available. Please choose another”.
We have seen a significant increase in the number of reported incidents of this nature which we believe to be due to a Windows Update which makes amendments to the timezone entries in the Windows Registry.
The error in the software is displayed when trying to save the User Preferences screen of a user that is set to use a Time Zone value that does not exist in the Windows Registry.
The value of the translation displayed on screen must match exactly the value found in the Registry or the screen details cannot be saved.
The Time Zone value for the user within the software is set as (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
The entry in the Registry for this Time Zone shows as (UTC+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
As the two entries don't match exactly (due to the Registry including +00:00) then the screen cannot be saved. There is no uniform link between this issue and one particular operating system as it's likely this change has been applied by an optional Windows update.
To resolve this issue, the caption values for this Time Zone must be changed to match the entry in the Registry.
Note: Whilst this process does not involve changing Registry values, making incorrect changes to the Registry can cause serious implications to your operating system and in extreme cases, may stop the system from working completely. If you are unsure as to how to complete any steps in the solution below, please refer to the relevant IT support team.
- Start > Run (or press the Windows key + R on the keyboard).
- Type regedit > Enter.
- Browse to the following key in the Registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones\GMT Standard Time.
- Double-click on Display.
- With the value highlighted in the Value data field, right-click and choose Copy.
- Open a new file in Notepad (or suitable text editor) and paste the value into the file. This value will be required later.
- Open Microsoft SQL Management Studio and run the following query against the CRM database - select * from custom_captions where Capt_Family = 'TimezoneDeltaUTC' and Capt_Code = '+00:00'. This should return one result.
- Make a note of the Capt_CaptionId
9. Update the values from Steps 6 and 8 into the below given script
declare @captid numeric
declare @newtranslation nvarchar(max)
set @newtranslation = '<paste value from Notepad file created in Step 6>'
set @captid = <paste value of Capt_CaptionId from Step 8>
update custom_captions set capt_us = @newtranslation, capt_uk = @newtranslation, capt_fr = @newtranslation, capt_de = @newtranslation, capt_es = @newtranslation where Capt_CaptionId = @captid
Note: You MUST take a backup of the CRM database prior to run this script.
10. Run the script
11. Carry out a metadata refresh