Summary: Quick Find Symbols are missing
Symptoms: After upgrading from 7.3 to 2017 R1, the Quick Find symbols are missing.
Cause: While upgrading, datatype of Custom_tables changes, that cause the symbols to disappear.
Resolution: Take the below steps to resolve the issue:
1. Take Backup of the database before doing any changes.
2. Alter the column Bord_Caption and Bord_Name to nvarchar(40) if it has changed.
3. Run the below query in Sql(It will remove all the trailing spaces at the end of the table names):
Update [Custom_Tables] set Bord_Caption = RTrim(Bord_Caption), Bord_Name = RTrim (Bord_Name);
4. Do an IISRestart. Then Restart your Tomcat and quick find service.
5. Login to CRM and check it will start working.