After installation an error is displayed: "Setup has detected that the CRM URL rewriter may not be working".
Checking the catalina logs located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\logs\catalina.log" shows errors:
[error] CreateJavaVM Failed
[error] Failed to start Java
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
The error in the tomcat logs is because the JVM cannot allocate the maximum amount of memory specified for the heap space in the JVM options. This could be for 2 reasons, either the Max Heap size specified is too high or there isn’t enough memory available on the server to allocate to the heap.
1) Select Start - Run - Type 'Services.msc' - Select Enter
2) Right click Tomcat service - Select 'Stop Tomcat service'.
3) Select Start - Run - Type 'regedit' - Select Enter
4) Browse to the following reg key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\CRMTomcat\Parameters\Java'
5) Check value for JvmMx key - If set to 2048, edit value and set to 1024.
6) Select Start - Run - Type 'Services.msc' - Select Enter
7) Right click Tomcat service - Select 'Start Tomcat service'.
If any further errors are encountered we would reccomend checking the value of memory available on the server by using task manager. If RAM usage is high we would reccomend reducing the applications running or limiting the RAM that is being used by applications. One option would be reducing the value of memory available to SQL server if SQL server exists on the same server as CRM.
For more information see here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191144(v=sql.105).aspx