This article shows you how to modify code in a translation so that more details are shown in the notification bar, including person and company names. If you want more details in the notifications please follow the customisation steps below. Please read the disclaimer at the bottom before applying these changes.
1. Using an Admin account go to Administration -> Customisation -> Translations.
2. Type 'ActionText' into the Caption Family field and 'CommNotify' into the Caption Code field and click Find.
3. Click on the hyperlink for the CommNotify translation that appears.
4. Click Change on the right and replace the text in the US and UK English translation with the following:
<label id="commActionLabel" style="text-decoration:none; padding-right:50px; padding-left:15px; font-size:11px;font-family:arial;"><B>#comm_action#</B> #comm_datetime# </label><label id="commSubjectLabel"><B>Subject:</B> #comm_subject#</label><DIV loadLink="#" class="notificationDetails" style="padding:7 7 7 15; display:none;">Company: #cmli_comm_companyid# <br/>Person: #cmli_comm_personid#<br/>Details: #comm_note# <br><br><label loadLink="" onclick="window.location=$(this).attr('loadLink');">View Original</label></DIV>
5. Click Save.
6. Now, log out and log back in and there should be more information for the notifications displayed in the top bar.
More info & Disclaimer:
There was a change in the behaviour of the notifications brought around by a recent update, so this can be used to display information the way it was displayed before.
WARNING: The techniques or examples contained here are for illustrative purposes only, and have not been tested in a production environment. The techniques or examples used are not necessarily supported features of SAGE CRM, and may not have been previously tested or implemented on a production environment. Before attempting to implement any of these techniques or examples on a production environment, they should be tested thoroughly, as use of these techniques may cause unexpected behaviour. SAGE can accept no responsibility for any issues arising from the use of these techniques. Please ensure that you back up your database and application fully before implementing any changes of this nature.