An issue may occur whereby the Sage CRM Outlook plugin cannot be uninstalled from within Outlook or Programs and Features. This article gives instructions how to manually uninstall the plugin.
There is a manual method of unistalling Sage CRM Outlook plugin.
Here are the steps:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and select Tools > ACCPAC CRM > Uninstall.
2. Still in Outlook, click on Tools > Option > Other > Advanced Options > Add-in Manager. Uncheck the Redemption Helper Outlook Extension option, then click on Install, and delete crmoutlookplugin2.ECF.
3. Open Windows Explorer and browse to C:\Document & Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACCPAC. Rename this folder ACCPAC_old.
4. Still in Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Document & Settings\<current user>\Application Data\ACCPAC. Rename this folder to ACCPAC_old.
5. Still in Windows Explorer, browse to file C:\WINNT\setupapi.log and rename this log file setupapi_old.log (this log is written to by the Sage CRM Outlook plugin installation).
6. In Windows, click on Start > Run and type in fixmapi. Once complet, a message box will come up to advise the success of the command.
7. Open Microsoft Outlook and click on Help > Detect and Repair.
8. In Internet Explorer, click on menu Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects. Make sure the Sage CRM Outlook Plugin is not in the list. If it is, right-click and delete.
9. Close Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook on the machine.
10. In Windows, click on Start > Run and change the working directory to C:\Windows\downloaded program files using the CD command.
11. Still at the command prompt, type del crmout*, and hit Return.
12. Then type dir and hit enter to see if there are any directories which start with word CONFLICT.
13. Delete the conflict files (by typing del /q /s conflict.1) and directories (rd conflict.1).
14. Once complete, try reinstalling the Sage CRM Outlook Plugin. Make sure to exit out of Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer prior to reinstallation.
15. In extreme cases, you may want to test by creating a brand new profile in Microsoft Outlook, then creating a trial Sage CRM Outlook Plugin install under the new profile.