Key Values in URLs

Hints, Tips and Tricks

Technical Hints Tips and Tricks that cover customization and development using Sage CRM. API usage and coding are covered.

Key Values in URLs

• Comments 10
If you do any customization. Then very quickly you start to build hyperlinks that need to bring you directly into the correct context.

Consider this partial URL from the Summary tab of the Company context.

...&act=200&key0=1&key1=28&key2=30...

The keys can be read to understand

Key0 = current entity in context
Key1 = company unique id
Key2 = person unique id

So assuming we are working with the standard demo data then we are currently looking at Gatecom and Simon Yaltoy.

But what are the other keys that are used.

Here then is the list.

DOMINANTKEY=0;
Companyid=1;
Personid=2;
Addressid=3;
Userid=4;
ChannelId=5;
CommunicationId=6;
OpportunityId=7;
CaseId=8;
NoteId=9;
TeamId=10;
UserAdminId=11;
ChannelAdminId=12;
LockId=13;
TranslationId=14;
LibraryId=15;
ProductId=16;
CaseProgressId=17;
OpportunityProgressId=18;
CompanySearchKey=19;
PersonSearchKey=20;
OpportunitySearchKey=21;
CaseSearchKey=22;
CommSearchKey=23;
TargetListList=24;
TargetListId=25;
OpportunityItemId=26;
WorkflowId=27;
WorkflowActionId=28;
CustomDatabase=29;
CustomTable=30;
VisitorId=31;
UserPrefId=32;
CampaignId=33;
WaveId=34;
WaveItemId=35;
RecurrenceId=36;
ForeignTableId=37;
DataUploadId=38;
MatchRulesId=39;
CurrencyAdminId=40;
ReportId=41;
ComponentId=42;
ComponentScriptId=43;
LeadId=44;
LeadSearchKey=45;
WorkflowStateId=46;
MainWorkflowId=47;
HelpLinkId=48;
TransitionId=49;
InstanceId=50;
UserDeviceId=51;
Article=52;
Subscription=53;
TerritoryId=54;
LeadProgressId=55;
LeadOppoMapId=56;
RuleManagement=57;
CustomEntity=58;
TerritoryProfileId=59;
FilterProfileId=60;
GenericPage=61;
ReportSearchID=62;
CallID=63;
ForecastID=64;
CustomViewID=65;
BusinessCalendarId=66;
HolidaySetId=67;
SolutionsId=68;
SolutionSearchKey=69;
SolutionProgressId=70;
ForecastHistoryID=73;
SLAId=75;

Comments
  • Key91 is Quotes

• How could a URL as below would look like to show not only a tab, but also outer frame as header, left menu and footer?

http://[server]/CRM/eware.dll/Do?SID=35269647634352&Act=200&Mode=1&CLk=T&Key0=1&Key1=2&Key2=2&T=Company

The following URL with user credentials shows exactly what should be achieved using SID:

http://[server]/CRM/eware.dll/go?eware_userid=admin&Act=200&Mode=1&CLk=T&Key0=1&Key1=2&Key2=2&T=Company

• Wolfram

Redirecting to Sage CRM using a single url is tricky because it is a frames based website.  See the article community.sagecrm.com/.../automatic-logging-on-and-redirecting-to-sage-crm-from-another-application.aspx

The above article looks at one approach that can be taken.  The good news is that from Sage CRM v7.2 the frames structure will disappear and you will be able to link from a single URL.

• Jeff Richards: "The good news is that from Sage CRM v7.2 the frames structure will disappear and you will be able to link from a single URL."

I like this news. Thank you.

• Is it just me, or is the #U variable not working in 7.2B.

For example, after upgrading, this no longer works for a Main Menu button we created:

/crm/eware.dll/SessionFind?&Act=183&CLk=T&Key4=#U

• The structure of the key value data makes a lot of sense and is easy to follow from URL to database values.

Is there a way to obtain a list of Key Values based on the system you're working on? For example, Jack Allan referenced Key 91 being for quotes back in 2009, and on some of my customers installs (7.2 and after), Key 86 is for Quotes.

• Basil

I'll see if I can get an updated list from the Developers.

• Help!  Has an updated list been posted?  I am working with a URL that displays Key0=110.  The list above only goes to 75.  Therefore, I am wondering what the entity context is for 110.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Is there an updated list available?  I have a Key0 = 112 in my URL and I don't know what 112 means.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

• See:  community.sagecrm.com/.../sage-crm-2019-understanding-key-values-and-url-variables.aspx