Sage CRM v7: If the Interactive Dashboard refuses to work, this could an error in the JDBC configuration

Hints, Tips and Tricks

Technical Hints Tips and Tricks that cover customization and development using Sage CRM. API usage and coding are covered.

Sage CRM v7: If the Interactive Dashboard refuses to work, this could an error in the JDBC configuration

  • Comments 6
  • Likes

The new Interactive Dashboard and SData features use JDBC to interact with the database

If you find that your Interactive Dashboard refuses to work then it may be a problem with the information in the jdbc properties file.

Assuming that you install of Sage CRM v7 is called "crm70" then

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM70\tomcat\webapps\crm70j\WEB-INF

Within the file you will need to check the name of the server:

If the line looks like

jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:sqlserver://(local)\\SQLEXPRESS:1433;databaseName=CRM70;integratedSecurity=true;

or

jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:sqlserver://(local):1433;databaseName=CRM70

The “(local)” needs to be replaced with either the server name or localhost.  If your server is called 'goliath' then the following would be correct entries.

e.g

jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:sqlserver://GOLIATH\\SQLEXPRESS:1433;databaseName=CRM70;integratedSecurity=true;

or

jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:sqlserver://GOLIATH:1433;databaseName=CRM70

Comments
  • I had a similar problem with the jdbc. I had specified a named server on install, but the 'jdbc.password=' value was incorrect. After amending it, the dashboards worked fine.

  • We have tried the options mention in the article but it does not seem to work.

  • I saw that error when I changed the server name.  The error on the screen was: The Dashboard has experienced a problem. Please contact your System Administrator.  The error in the scrmsql log file was org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

    Changing this line:

    jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:sqlserver://<servername>;databaseName=<db name>

    in jdbc.properties to point to the correct server  and doing an iisreset got it working again.

  • That's a good tip!

  • I found I had to change the connection string with an instance to the following:

    jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<servername>:<port>/<databasename>;instance=<instancename>

    After that it came up with an error the first time I loaded the dashboard after an iisreset but after that it was fine.

  • I ran into this problem and it now makes sense why I had an issue. My external name used would not resolve on the local server (internal). Once I added the external dns name being used to the local dns list, the dashboard started to work correctly.

    Great information. Thanks