Sage CRM 7.2: Enhanced Charting Options with Fusion Widgets

Hints, Tips and Tricks

Technical Hints Tips and Tricks that cover customization and development using Sage CRM. API usage and coding are covered.

Sage CRM 7.2: Enhanced Charting Options with Fusion Widgets

• Comments 1
Charts in Sage CRM 7.2 are now generated using HTML 5 meaning that Adobe Flash is no longer needed on the Client.  This covers the display of charts in reports and in the Interactive Dashboards.

In addition, Sage CRM 7.2 has extended the use of the Fusion Charts software within Sage CRM by including the Fusion Widgets library.

The new Fusion Widgets have been added under wwwroot

C:\program files (x86)\sage\crm\crm\wwwroot\fusionwidgets

Documentation

To learn more about the Fusion Widgets, you can refer to the documentation on the Fusion Charts website

http://docs.fusioncharts.com/widgets/

The new widgets allow developers to create custom charts and elements for data visualization.

The Fusion Widgets can be added to Client Side code and blended with either the new client side API or by using .NET/ASP/Ajax to return data.

[code language="html"]
<div id="chartContainer">FusionWidgets XT will load here!</div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
var myChart = new FusionCharts( "../fusionwidgets/AngularGauge.swf", "myChartId", "400", "300", "0", "1" );
myChart.setXMLUrl("../CustomPages/myxml.asp");
myChart.render("chartContainer");
// -->
</script>
[/code] 

Comments
  • Does anyone else find the Funnel Widget somewhat useless or is it just me ?  The Funnel widget wants to take Values its is passed and display them as Percentages of Total. Doesn't seem to be anyway to change its behavior ??  Secondly it doesn't obey the Report option to display by Translation order when used on the Dashboard.  So in a Natural place to use this Widget (like Opportunities Closing this period), I now have a completely useless display showing me percentages instead of Dollar Values and completely out of Order with respect to Opportunity Stage which it appears to want to sort based on translation name instead of Caption Order.  What am I missing here ?