To coincide with the release of Sage CRM 2017 R3 the Sage CRM SDK Installer has been revised. The new SDK Installer can be downloaded from the download folder "Example Components & Developer Resources (All Versions)".

The SDK Installer is compatible with:

• Sage CRM 2017 R1
  • Sage CRM 2017 R2
  • Sage CRM 2017 R3

This SDK contains contains templates and example projects in addition to 243 snippet files for use within Visual Studio.

The snippets have been revised for Sage CRM 2017. Several minor defects in the examples have been addressed and a new set of JavaScript snippets that demonstrate techniques for use with the Self Service API has been included.

These code snippets will also be installed, along with the example projects and templates, as part of the SDK for Sage CRM 2017. Partners who are not members of the Developer Program can still use these snippets that have been created by manually adding them to their Visual Studio environment.

These snippets were created and edited under Visual Studio 2017 Community edition.  These snippets are compatible with all currently supported versions of Sage CRM.

The installer containers 243 files within 3 main subfolders.

Code Snippets\JavaScript\My Code Snippets

• JavaScript
  • Visual C#
  • Visual Web Developer

JavaScript

Underneath JavaScript folder the files will be copied into the path

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Code Snippets\JavaScript\My Code Snippets\SageCRM

Where there will be 4 folders created.

• ASP - 77 snippets
  • Client Side - 42 snippets
  • Mail Manager - 6 snippets
  • SelfService - 6 snippets

The SelfService snippets are new in Sage CRM 2017.

Visual C# Snippets

Underneath Visual C# folder the files will be copied into the path

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Code Snippets\Visual C#\My Code Snippets

Where there will be 2 folders created.

• Sage CRM 7 DOTNET Snippets - 54 snippets
  • Sage CRM 7 Web Service Snippets - 24 snippets

Visual Web Developer

Underneath Visual Web Developer folder the files will be copied into the path

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Code Snippets\Visual Web Developer\My HTML Snippets\SageCRM

Once the snippets have been unzipped they will be available in Visual Studio and accessible like any code snippet.