Quick Setup and Configuration Component for Sage CRM 2017

Hints, Tips and Tricks

Technical Hints Tips and Tricks that cover customization and development using Sage CRM. API usage and coding are covered.

Quick Setup and Configuration Component for Sage CRM 2017

• Comments 6
Sage CRM projects are very often implemented in a phases.  The first challenge to get the software installed and being used.  Sage CRM is a full featured CRM system with modules for Sales, Marketing and Customer Service with a powerful workflow engine.  In the first phase of a project, however, this may be overwhelming for a person using Sage CRM for the first time.  We want to make sure that new users have an experience that is tailored to their needs and all potentially distracting options should be limited.

I have just added a new component that will allow you to suppress options which aren't needed in the interface.  A system administration can swiftly decide whether they need to use everything.  The options that are presented as the component is installed are:

• Use Sales Module
  • Use Marketing Module
  • Use Customer Service Module
  • Use Workflow
  • Use Advanced Interface options

You can find this component in the download section of the partner community.  

The component allows you to create a simplified user experience by changing the options in summary screens, and the find and new menus.

The download section describes all the changes that the component makes when each of the options are unchecked.

This is the first version of the component and we would welcome any comments on how this could be made more useful to you.

Comments
  • Jeff - thanks for putting this together & writing from the perspective of implementation.  I'd add to the story & say that, for people who DEMONSTRATE the product, this would be a useful component to quickly setup a scenario that matches a client's need.

• this is definitely a big value add jeff, something along the lines of a sales app / marketing app / service app for Sage BMS.

• Kannan

Thanks.  Is there any further enhancements of this component you'd like to see?

I need some more input from people working with integrated CRM whether I've missed any 'gotchas'.

• just on a side track , it would great to have  a blog on calling actions such as new quote or review submitted quote within the sales workflow.  not sure how this can be achieved though, as using an ASP / .NET extension looks the only way ?

• Great Idea Jeff....

• Danny

I confess I based this on your idea.  Mea Culpa!