Sage CRM 2018 R1: Reading additional custom parameters using the Client Side API.

Hints, Tips and Tricks

Technical Hints Tips and Tricks that cover customization and development using Sage CRM. API usage and coding are covered.

Sage CRM 2018 R1: Reading additional custom parameters using the Client Side API.

• Comments 3
In the article "Passing an additional parameter to a .NET dll or ASP page from tab and buttons."

I discussed how you can add additional flags to URLs. These additional parameters may also be added to URLs when a page is redirected or as a button is built dynamically.

These parameters can be read by the Client Side API just like any system parameter or context information.

The API has a method called "getArgs()" that allows the URL to be parsed very easily.

E.g.

var contextInfo = crm.getArgs();
crm.infoMessage(contextInfo.AltCaption);

Comments
  • Hi Jeff,

I have just tested this and I don't have the same dropdown parameters as your example and yet I am running with 2018 R1.

I can't paste my result up so you will have to trust that I am not telling furphy's!

Regards,

Penny

• Penny

The parameters are going to be different depending on which screen you are in.  That's the 'context' that you can examine.  The variables in the URL of a system built screen like the Company Summary will differ from the variables for a custom page (.NET or ASP).

• Oh I see now.  There is a dotnetdll file you are viewing.  I didn't see that.

Thanks Jeff.