Customers are supported in their upgrades from Sage CRM 7.3 onwards. Upgrades to R3 from versions older than Sage CRM 7.3 are not supported (and actively blocked). Customers on earlier versions of Sage CRM must therefore first upgrade to Sage CRM 7.3 before upgrading to Sage CRM 2018 R3.
You will need to assemble the following
- The Sage CRM Upgrade Guide for the target version. This is now in the System Administration Guide.
- The Version Release notes. And if necessary the patch notes as well.
- The Licenses you will need. You will need a trial license for the test environment and an upgrade license for the target version. That’s the version to which you are upgrading.
- You will need the Software Support Guide (also known as the support matrix).
- Database Investigation Scripts to make sure that you understand the customizations that have taken place in the system to be upgraded.
- The appropriate “What’s New Guides” to make sure you understand how the features have changed in the new version.
- And System Specific Documentation that describes the customized behaviour of the system to be upgraded.
We can break the process of a customer upgrade into 3 distinct phases.
- A performance of a test upgrade
- Then the actual upgrade of the production or live system.
Sage CRM Setup has been improved to verify the integrity of the MailChimp Integration-related database tables and views during upgrading. If an issue is found, Sage CRM Setup displays an error message allowing the issue to be addressed.
An example of the upgrade messages will may look like this:
Entries will be added into the upgrade log. For example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\CRM\CRM2017\Setup\UpGradeLogs\CRM_MissingCustomObjects.log
List of Missing Custom Screen Objects
This information can help you solve any issues in conjunction with the documentation and support team.