“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so
well that the product or service fits him or her and sells itself.” – Peter
The new Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM module is a powerful
tool for businesses. Used effectively,
it can help businesses to build up a profile of their customer’s preferences
and allow them to target their customers more effectively. This is the first in a series of blogs around
how to fully leverage the power of Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM.
The concept of sending an E-marketing email within CRM has
been fully integrated within the existing Campaign Management functionality in
the Marketing module. The creation of an
E-marketing campaign can now be done in three quick and simple steps. To create an E-marketing email the CRM user
must have the following (see our video blog on setting up your Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM account):
- A valid Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM account
must be set up for the Sage CRM install
- The Sage CRM user must have had an E-marketing account set
up for him/her and must have verified their account
- A Sage CRM group of valid recipients must exist
(ensure that your group consists of people who have opted-in to receive
Within Sage CRM go to the Marketing area and click on the
new E-marketing Tab.
To create an E-marketing Campaign click on the “New
E-marketing Campaign” button.
You will then be navigated to Step1 of 3 in the E-marketing
Campaign creation process. This is where
you will enter the Campaign name and any other relevant details such as start
date, budget etc. Fill in all of the appropriate
details and click “Continue”.
You will then be navigated to Step 2. On this screen you can enter the details of the
Campaign Wave. A Wave is a method of grouping marketing activities together
within a Campaign. For more information
on Waves see the Online Help. Fill in
all of the necessary Details and click “Continue”.
You will now be navigated to the final step in the E-marketing
Campaign creation process. This is, as
they say; “where the magic happens”. This is where you create your E-marketing
In the Wave Activity panel you simply enter in all of the relevant details about the Marketing Activity such as it's name (an example might be: "Initial mail to all leads"). The E-marketing E-mail panel contains all of the relevant information that will be used in your E-marketing E-mail
1. Subject Field: This is the Subject Field of your E-marketing email.
2. Send As: This is the "Send As" feature. The "Send As" allows CRM users to send e-mails on behalf of other CRM users that are set up for Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM. This is a great feature when you have one marketing person responsible for creating all E-marketing campaigns. This feature provides a much more collaborative way of running your E-marketing Campaigns
3. Group (recipients): This is where you select your recipient group. This list will contain all of the groups within CRM that you have the security rights to view.
4. Get e-mail address from: This will display a list of all e-mail type fields contained within your selected group. This allows you to select the appropriate recipient e-mail address from your group. For example, you might have a company group but instead of sending the e-mail to email@example.com you want to send the e-mail to the lead person in each company. In this case you simply select the lead person email address field.
5. Template: This is a list of all templates associated with your Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM account. There are over 90 templates provided with the Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM account. You can also create your own templates from scratch using the template editor or upload your own existing templates.
6. Personal Message: This fields allows you to enter a personal message that will be placed into your E-marketing email (provided the template is set up correctly). This means that you can have one template for your entire campaign that can be personalised for each activity.
7. Schedule Mail: this allows you to schedule when the mail will be sent. If you leave this field blank the e-mail will be send straight away.
Now simply click on send and hey presto... no more blindfold marketing! All you need to do now is sit back and wait for the results of your E-marketing E-mail to automatically synchronise back into Sage CRM.
Thanks to Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM you are now on your way to knowing and understanding your customers better!