Hi there,

In the second part of this blog we will take a brief look at the other main UI screens in Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM: the E-marketing Campaign Summary Screen, E-marketing Campaign Analysis Screen and Report Screen.

E-marketing Campaign Summary Screen:

As the name would suggest, the campaign summary screen is your primary interface for overseeing your campaign elements.

The key information for a user here is as follows:

(i) The tabs on the top of the screen allow you to get further overview details, including campaign analysis, communications logged, shared documents uploaded and reports.

(ii) The major campaign details are illustrated below the tabs, including the campaign name, start/end dates, campaign status (complete, pending etc.), budget and the actual cost. N.B. the actual cost will only show up once you have completed the campaign itself. Costs are allocated against the individual wave activities (see below).

(iii) Waves and wave activities are what we use to describe the major campaign actions (i.e. waves) and related tasks to that action (i.e. wave activities). I find it useful to describe a campaign as like a book, a wave as like a chapter in a book, and wave activities as the paragraphs in a chapter. This screen is useful for seeing how many different actions and subsequent tasks were required to deliver your result.

N.B. you can have many "wave activities" and many subsequent tasks related to these wave activities. However given screen size, all the wave activities and these related tasks will be listed vertically under "wave activities" - they don't cascade out into a 3rd or 4th column.

(iv) In the right-hand column you will see some further important actions buttons. You can change any element of the campaign details (ii) except the "actual cost". After all the actual cost is fact! If you have a detailed set of wave activities you can hide this column, and if you want to show how many communications, opportunities and leads you gained from the campaign, you can expose these through the show analysis button.

However the real added value here is the clone campaign button. Once you have created the campaign, the cost of developing this is "sunk", as you can now copy the structure and content, and deploy this at any time you want! This could be for new segments, new acquired lists, campaigns for new product releases etc. Furthermore, the system will intelligently update all date parameters to reflect the new timelines.

E-marketing Campaign Analysis Screen

Next to the campaign summary tab you will find the campaign analysis tab, which gives you a good overview into some of the main metrics across your chosen campaign. Key information includes the list of individual waves and wave activities by "date sent", the number of addresses targeted, the number of opens and clicks, the campaign status (i.e. complete, pending etc.), the wave and wave activity names and the template used. The user can drill down into any of these elements for further details. 

The final tab that newcomers to Sage E-marketing for Sage CRM should become familiar with is the "report" tab, which gives an overview of the key data around your campaign event. This includes the number of communications sent (in this example, 2 separate waves) and the percentage of total communications sent by wave (if you look at this scenario, you will see that the 2 waves were sent to everyone on the list. Had segmentation been employed then the 2nd wave activity would probably have gone to fewer addresses and therefore had a lower percentage than the first blast). Finally the number of opportunities generated out of the campaign is listed at the bottom of the screen.

In the final set of blogs in the series, we will look at the demo data, and apply our understanding of email marketing best-practice to draw some conclusions from this information.

Good luck!

David

Follow me @Sage_CRM_DavidR