A few years back, my colleague David Riordan, wrote an excellent series of articles about email marketing.

I recently re-read them & believe there is merit & currency in most every post in the series. Ranging from strategy to the mechanics of list & email design, David elegantly captures the thinking behind successful email marketing programs.  

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I am going highlight what I believe are the (still) relevant posts in this blog, reminding readers of the value that can be returned with a well planned email marketing program

David's first post speaks of the  focus on building an email marketing programme, beginning firstly with formulating an email marketing strategy according to company goals with measurable KPIs.  He particularly notes that "it's easy, it's efficient, it's scalable and of course it's instantaneous. Yet we all (should) think very carefully about why we send volume emails, to whom we send it, what it's supposed to say and what the outcome is that we wish to have."

First up, the steps involved in a program

-= David