A few years back, a then colleague of ours gave an excellent overview of email marketing. Ranging from strategy to the mechanics of list & email design, the series elegantly captured the thinking behind successful email marketing programs. Rather than re-invent the wheel, I have shamelessly borrowed the best of his material to create a series on the benefits of a well planned email marketing program
The second post looks at what the steps in your email marketing programme mean in a little more detail, including
- Strategy - the value of a consistent and long-term strategy
- Segmentation - getting the right message to the right recipient at the right time.
- Layout & Content - getting the best from your layout and the content.
- List Growth & List Management - focusing resources on those with the potential to deliver ROI.
- Automation & Efficiency - when to consider automated approaches
- Analysis - how to analyse and test on a continuous basis
I trust you, too, will find value in this post for your own email marketing planning.