How can I include phone numbers in Quick Find without copying [CRMEmailPhoneData].[epd_PhoneFullNumber] to a custom field in company?
This is what I’ve tried so far...
Ideally, I would include CRMEmailPhoneData
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IDX_QUICKFIND_EPD_Deleted_UpdatedDate]ON [dbo].[CRMEmailPhoneData]( [epd_Deleted] ASC, [epd_UpdatedDate] ASC ) INCLUDE ([epd_DataId])WITH (PAD_INDEX = ON)
UPDATE CRMEmailPhoneData SET epd_UpdatedDate = GETDATE();UPDATE Custom_Tables SET Bord_RecDescriptor = '#epd_PhoneFullNumber#', Bord_UpdatedDate = GETDATE() WHERE Bord_Caption = 'CRMEmailPhoneData';UPDATE Custom_Tables SET Bord_IsIndexed = 'Y' where Bord_Caption = 'CRMEmailPhoneData'UPDATE Custom_Edits SET Colp_ExcludeFromIndexing = NULL WHERE colp_colname = 'epd_PhoneFullNumber'UPDATE custom_sysparams set parm_value = null where parm_name = 'SolrLastIndexScan'
When that didn't work, I tried to include data from the Phone table.
CREATE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [IDX_QUICKFIND_Phone_Deleted_UpdatedDate]ON [dbo].[Phone]( [phon_Deleted] ASC, [phon_UpdatedDate] ASC ) INCLUDE ([phon_phoneid]) WITH (PAD_INDEX = ON)
UPDATE Phone SET Phon_UpdatedDate = GETDATE();UPDATE Custom_Tables SET Bord_RecDescriptor = '#Phon_AreaCode# #Phon_Number#', Bord_UpdatedDate = GETDATE() WHERE Bord_Caption = 'Phone';UPDATE Custom_Tables SET Bord_IsIndexed = 'Y' where Bord_Caption = 'Phone'UPDATE Custom_Edits SET Colp_ExcludeFromIndexing = NULL WHERE colp_colname = 'Phon_Number'UPDATE custom_sysparams set parm_value = null where parm_name = 'SolrLastIndexScan'
This did not work either.
Please advise how Phone data can be included in the Quick Find (Solr) Search.
Tomas Blomqvist CRM Technical Consultant BAASS Business Solutions
Sage CRM QuickFind is limited to any text field, email field, or URL field, so the phone numbers wont get searched unfortunately.
Thank you for your response.
However, epd_PhoneFullNumber is a text field... (nvarchar)
Please advise how we can include this field in the index.
The local support team refused our ticket stating that they don't support customizations, even though we have a CRM Development Partner Support plan, and directed me here.
I'm pretty sure that it's down to the fact that the Phones table is not an exposed entity in CRM and that CRM thinks the field is a phone type (and not a text field).
As much as I hate duplicating existing data in the database, I have now worked around this issue with a trigger that updates a custom field on the Company and Person table instead.
© The Sage Group plc 2017All Rights Reserved