Possible to prevent ERR_CACHE_MISS when using browser back button?

This question is not answered

Hi,

I would like to influence a default browser behaviour to prevent user confusion.

When searching in a module and opening one of the results and then going back with the browser back button to show the previous results again, you get the following message :

Confirm Form Resubmission

This webpage requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action this page previously performed.

• Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.

ERR_CACHE_MISS

I know why the message is shown, but some users assume it is an error in the application.

I wonder if it is possible to either show a cached version of the search result without the warning?

Maybe an IIS setting ?

All Replies
  • Wichard

What version of Sage CRM are you using and which browser are you using?

• Hi Jeff,

Sage CRM version 2017 R2 with chrome(v64), IE11, FF(v58)

I also checked against Sage CRM 2018 R1 with the same result.

• Wichard

Can you please provide the exact steps to reproduce this.  I have been searching in entities like Company and Opportunity but I can not reproduce the issue.

• Hi Jeff,

for instance with company:

1. search from the pull down with company (search within a module)

2. choose one of the results

3. go back with the browser back button

4. the page with ERR_CACHE_MISS is displayed (we would expect to see the previous search results.

• Wichard

I still can't reproduce this message.

I am sure that this is browser setting.  How does the "Confirm Form Resubmission" message differ between IE, FF & Chrome?

• Hey Wichard,

This is not an error rather a security feature to prevent back button usage in browser. You can use POST, GET method for the same.