Sage CRM 2018 R3 Issues with Lead Add or Find this Company when Deduplication is set to Yes

This question is not answered

When working with a Lead record and matching a company to the Lead via the Add or Find this Company button.  The system is supposed to open a pop up that displays a list of potential company matches, which you can select from, and everything happens within the popup, until finally clicking Select Company which closes the pop up and refreshes the Lead.

However, with Deduplication turned on in System Behavior, when selecting Add or Find this Company button on a Lead, instead of it automatically displaying the results, the pop up has the Company deduplcation screen, with the company name search.  If you search for a company, and then select from the list, it opens the company in the main screen, and the Select Company button doesn't work, because obviously the system shouldn't have behaved this way to begin with.

In system behavior if you set Deduplication to No, this issues doesnt happen, but then you lose dedpulication in other areas.

Has anyone else experienced this bug, reported it, have a resolution?

Thanks

All Replies
  • Yes!!!

• This is a known issue and has been raised with development (756-171210-QA).  This is resolved in Sage CRM 2019 R1

• Hi Jeff,

Is Sage planning a fix for Sage CRM 2018 R3

Regards

Dinesh Patankar

• The issue has been resolved in Sage CRM 2019 R1

• So do you suggest we should request customer to go for Upgrade  from Sage CRM 2018 R3 to Sage CRM 2019 R1 ?

• Yes.

• Jeff, it seems there may be another Lead Add/Find issue in 2019. the 2018 of it not displaying the right screen has been resolved. However, in other instances we have moved customer to 2019 they can no longer make the association between Lead Company and database COmpany. The screens behave as they should but when you hit Save it doesn't really make the link. Have you heard this already? Any ideas on how to fix?

• You will need to log this as a case!

• I've just seen this in 2018 R2. It finds the Company & Person match, I select the record, go to Save & it doesn't link it.

Any word back on a solution or work around?

• This is a real problem where CRM is integrated with Sage 300 2018 and there is no desire to upgrade ERP. Is there any update on when/if the CRM 2019 can be integrated with Sage 300 2018? If the integration can be managed backwards, upgrading CRM to 2019 R1 will be feasible. I'll log a case in the meantime.

• The is very much worth logging as a case and raising with your local Product Managers for both 300 and CRM.  

• Hi all,

I have a workaround for the 2018 R3 deduplication issue, don't know if this will help with any of the others. The "Add or find company" link needs one of its query string keys changed.

vLead_companyname needs to be changed to comp_name.

Put the following JS in one of the lead screen's custom content:

<script>

crm.ready(function() {

$(".SmallButtonItem").each(function(i, element) {

var onClick = element.getAttribute("onclick").replace("vLead_companyname", "comp_name");

element.setAttribute("onclick", onClick);

});

});

</script>

• John, this works for me. Well done and thanks!