Restricting company Type on company search

• What is the best way to restrict users searching on certain company types. I would like to restrict access for some of our sales guys so they can only see existing customers. At present they have the option to see all customers prospects, suppliers etc.

I have being recomemnded to use Territories, but feel this isn't the best way!

Thanks for your help

• Hi,

As per your above post, you want to restrict users searching on certain company type. To do the same you need to find out the users id and based on user  condition use” RemoveLookup(’Type Code’)” function in the Create Script of field “Comp_type” on the “CompanySearchBox”.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Dinesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Release - Sage CRM for Sage ERP X3 - real-time, bi-directional, anywhere access.
    Celebrating 900+ Sage CRM Posts
    - http://www.greytrix.com/blogs/sagecrm/
    Sage Premier Gold Development Partner - Sage X3, Sage 100/300/500/Pro ERP & Sage CRM
    *Sage CRM Gold Development Partner of the Year 2004 and 2011*
    E-mail: crm@greytrix.com |  Twitter: greytrix

• Dinesh, Thank you for your reply.

I have tried what you have said, all works well apart from I cannot see how to remove/hide the <--ALL--> option.

Is there away this can be achieved?

Thanks

• Hi,

To remove ‘None’ and ‘All’ option you can use AllowBlank=false; just need to put this in the create script of comp_type field.

HTH.

Regards,

Dinesh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Release - Sage CRM for Sage ERP X3 - real-time, bi-directional, anywhere access.
    Celebrating 900+ Sage CRM Posts
    - http://www.greytrix.com/blogs/sagecrm/
    Sage Premier Gold Development Partner - Sage X3, Sage 100/300/500/Pro ERP & Sage CRM
    *Sage CRM Gold Development Partner of the Year 2004 and 2011*
    E-mail: crm@greytrix.com |  Twitter: greytrix

• Dinesh, Thank you for you help :-)

• Hi Could you please specify what exactly should I enter in Create Script of field “Comp_type” on the “CompanySearchBox”?