show current logged-in user in 7.2 version

This question is not answered

Hello,

How to display some of the logged-in user attributes (firstname, lastname, ...) in the top frame aligned right.

Thank you

All Replies
  • Hello

Sorry for the late reply.  I've only just seen your post.  This can be done.  Add the following into any screen's custom content box.

<script>

crm.ready(function () {

var myOutPut = "<table border=0><tbody><tr><td><div id=chartContainer>"+CurrentUser.user_displayname+"</div></td></tr></tbody></table>";

var x = $("#EWARE_TOP").children();

var y = $(x).children();

var z = $(y).children();

var a = $(z).children("td:last");

a.after(myOutPut);

})

</script>

• Thank you Jeff,

It doesn't work. I tried in Standard and Custom entities. I putted it in "Company Search Screen".

I have 18 custom entities with many pages. Is there a way to put the code in one place ? I found some codes in the the net that works in 7.1, but not in 7.2 with the frames change!

BR

• I wrote that code for use in screens like the Company Summary screen.  The exact code may differ to make it work on all screens - I just adapted some code I was using for something else.  I will be writing an article that will discuss how to add code to all screens in 7.2 in the year but if you are a Sage business partner and want to access some example code then please look at the code here: community.sagecrm.com/.../27143.aspx

• I get it => more simpler (only one entry) solution  :

in "Translation", translate "Recent" Code of the "RecentList" Family to :

Recent <script> top.document.title="My CRM - " + CurrentUser.user_displayname;</script>

Then, you'll get the user for all screens :-)

Nizar

• That's a sneaky trick but it is generally frowned upon to use Translations to inject code into the screen.

• I agree. This should the ultimate way to get a quick and simple solution.

Could you please help me for this issue ?

community.sagecrm.com/.../28817.aspx

Thanks.

BR,

Nizar

• Dear nrouis,the above code you posted to display logged on user name thorugh transalations of recent code does not work..actually whatever written in <script></script> tag does not work..can you suggest another method to show logged on user name on every screen of crm.

Thanks in advance

• 1.gif

Hi

I tested nrouis' code and it works well in 7.2

I can see the login user name on the title bar.

Kristi Feng