Any one see "Access Violation at address XXXXXXXX in module 'EWAREP~1.OCX'. Read of Address 00000000." in communication Tab?

This question is not answered

Hi , 

Some of my clients consistently sees below error on client side machine windows 7 and windows 10 : 

In which my fix is  to run below command line : 

taskkill /F /IM iexplore.exe

regsvr32 /s /u "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\eWarePluginX.ocx"

regsvr32 /s "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\eWarePluginX.ocx"

It temporarily resolved the issue, but it resurface after a few weeks. 

I am trying to identify the source of the trigger that caused this. 

If you see similar issue, please post it here, indicate : 

1. Your operating system enviroment. 
 2. Version of you CRM 
 3. What action you performed right before that may caused this.

Any feedback would help remove the root of the problem, instead of the current band-aid solution. 

Thank you.
Jim.

All Replies
  • Hi Jim,

I've seen access violations happen with the doc drop plugin when the client is being used to access more then one instance of CRM, when those instances are on different versions. Typically you get it on support machines or partners' demo machines (both of these are likely to have many different versions of CRM installed). So far as I'm aware, we haven't seen it happen with production environments.

I might be worthwhile checking the build date of the plugin before you delete it, and comparing it to the version and patch of CRM that the user is accessing when they see the issue.

Thanks,

Rob

• My machine is the only one in the building but it pops up religiously. Rebooting may slow it down a little but I am not 100% convinced on that.

CRM 2017 w/ Sage 100 2017 

DAX Error

Access violation at address 23CA464A in module 'EWAREP~1.OCX'.

Read of address 00000000.

Thanks, Scott 

• I get a similar error and it just started a few weeks ago - nothing new except installing an update to Sage100 2018.  We are using CRM 7.3 not integrated with Sage.  Happens on both Windows 8 and Windows 10, in IE only. 

• Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?  We are on 7.2d and I have one user with a Windows 10 machine that this happens to almost daily.   I run the fix on her machine and it works for a day or so and then she get the DAX error again.  She always gets the error when she is trying to send a reply email from a Communication record.