Step by Step Solution: Fixing SetIdentityColumn failed error

•     Hello World,

Here is a solution for the error " SetIdentityColumn failed" in Sage CRM.

Steps for going ahead in fixing the issue:

1.      Assume that you are creating a table in Sage CRM by (Assumptions)

a.       Going to – AdministrationAdvanced CustomizationTables and DatabasesCreate Table – Ref: Screen shot (1), Screen shot (2) & Screen shot (3)

b.      Created an entry block to enter the new record.

c.       You get this error on executing that block.

2.      Solution steps

a.       Run a query in your DB server (e.g. MS SqlServer)  select * from custom_tables where bord_name='TestTable'

i.      – Ref: Screen shot(4)

b.      Find out what value is stored in column “bord_idfield” in the table “Custom_Tables”.

i.      - Ref: Screen shot(4)

c.       Run an update query with the corresponding Primary key filed of that particular entity. I’m executing the statement by using bord_tableid, because it is the id column of Custom_Tables.

i.      update custom_tables set bord_idfield='tst_TestTableId' where bord_tableid = 10171

1.      Ref: Screen shot(5)

d.      Refresh Metadata

e.      Issue must be solved now.

Screen shot (1) for table creation:

Screen shot  (2) after table creation:

Screen shot (3)  to check in the Database:

Screen shot (4) for the query 1 result:

Screen shot (5) for the query 2 result:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

• oh thank you so much.. I will try this solution. :)

• There is no need to use direct access to the database.  Please see:  community.sagecrm.com/.../step-away-from-the-sql-and-put-your-hands-where-i-can-see-them.aspx