Issue with "The Dashboard has experienced a problem. Please contact your System Administrator"

• Hi all!

I am rather new to the community and recently I had just done a fresh installation of SageCRM on virtual development environment

I did some search from google and this forum and found many suggestion to solve this issue, i tried some of them but didn't really worked out,

My current issue is

Problems encountered : The Dashboard has experienced a problem. Please contact your System Administrator

For my tomcat log, i got the following from catalina.xxxx.log

Sep 19, 2012 6:56:05 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
    INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin\NOTES\DATA\;C:\AFW\ACCPAC\RUNTIME;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\

Sep 19, 2012 6:56:26 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader validateJarFile
    INFO: validateJarFile(C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmSPSyncEngine\WEB-INF\lib\servlet-api.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

My environment is Windows Server 2003 and my sage version is Sage 7.1 SP2

I am not very sure if these are causing my dashboard not to load.. I tried the mentioned methods like restarting tomcat, checking jdbc.properties file but all are not very successful

Any help and advice will be appreciated

Thanks!

• What version of SQL are you using?

And what version of Java is installed?

• Hi Toby.Prince,

My SQL version is Microsoft SQL Server 2005

My Java is (Version 7 Update 7).

• I don't think Version 7 update 7 is supported, can you install version 6 update 27?

That may not be the issue, but, we will need to get it on a supported version before we look any further.

• Hey Toby, thanks!

Got version 6 update 27 installed, checked my tomcat log still having the previous issues,

Its the same for the dashboard too

So how shall we proceed from here?

• Can you go into the jdbc.properties file for me, and give me the second line down: -

# jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://machine:1433;databaseName=database

With your details in??

Change the machine name etc. if you like, but I need to see the format it is in.

• No problem, the string is

jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://CRMERP56:1433;databaseName=CRM

I have tried replacing CRMERP56 with localhost or 127.0.0.1 but all doesn't seems to work..

• I was hoping to see an instance name there, but it is not!

Can you take a backup of the following files, then delete them, from the path: -

[Install drive]\Program Files(prog file(x86)\Sage\CRM\[Instance Name]\tomcat\webapps:-

Leaving all of the .war files, and ensuring the .war files are there. If they are not, DO NOT DELETE THE FILES.

Then restart the tomcat service, you should see the files recreated.

• Hey Toby

I did the following steps accordingly

1) goes to Program Files(prog file(x86)\Sage\CRM\[Instance Name]\tomcat\webapps:-

2) Ensure that the 4 .war files are there

3) Backup and delete the folders

4) Restart Apache Tomcat

5) See the files re-created

Got the 5 steps done, tried to access the dashboard of the crm but still getting the same issue

• Still the same error...

jar not loaded. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class

...in the log?

• Hm.. the log looks ok now, it has

Sep 20, 2012 4:58:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: Destroying Spring FrameworkServlet 'dispatch'
    INFO: Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
    INFO: Shutting down log4j
    Sep 20, 2012 4:58:15 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    Sep 20, 2012 4:58:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: Set web app root system property: 'crmExchangeSyncEngine' = [C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmExchangeSyncEngine\]
    INFO: Set web app root system property: 'crmExchangeSyncEngine' = [C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmExchangeSyncEngine\]
    INFO: Initializing log4j from [C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmExchangeSyncEngine\WEB-INF\log4j.properties]
    INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
    Sep 20, 2012 4:58:19 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'dispatch'
    Sep 20, 2012 4:58:20 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
    INFO: Set web app root system property: 'crmj' = [C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmj\]
    INFO: Initializing log4j from [C:\Program Files\Sage\CRM\CRM\tomcat\webapps\crmj\WEB-INF\log4j.properties]
    INFO: Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext

• Ooh ! i tried loading dashboard and this was in the log

Sep 20, 2012 4:59:19 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
    SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet dispatch threw exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.sage.scrm.sdata.request.ScrmRequest.getContract(ScrmRequest.java:116)
        at com.sage.scrm.controller.BadURLController.requestAction(BadURLController.java:52)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.invokeNamedMethod(MultiActionController.java:471)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.multiaction.MultiActionController.handleRequestInternal(MultiActionController.java:408)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.AbstractController.handleRequest(AbstractController.java:153)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790)
        at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)
    (More below)

• Can you check the jdbc.properties file again and see what is in there, as this will have been recreated.

Afraid I am running out of ideas now, this new error is not something I have seen before.

• Below are my current JDBC settings, seems alittle shorter then before

jdbc.driver=net.sf.log4jdbc.DriverSpy
    jdbc.url=jdbc:log4jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://CRMERP56:1433/CRM
    jdbc.username=sa
    jdbc.password=&GLONLLABNFBGEMCG
    jdbc.minpoolsize=5
    jdbc.maxpoolsize=20
    jdbc.maxstatementsperconnection=0
    jdbc.maxstatements=0
    jdbc.sqlgenerator=com.sage.scrm.model.db.util.MSSqlGenerator
    jdbc.ddlgenerator=com.sage.scrm.model.metadata.jdbc.MSSqlDDLGenerator
    jdbc.connectiontestquery=select @@version
    jdbc.isHosted=false

• Hi,

I got the same error but I finally was able to solve it.  It was caused by the ASP.NET that was set to Prohibited instead of Allowed. As soon as I change it, everyhing works fine !

Jeff